Summer 2012 is coming to a close, and the ONLY positive thing I can make of these sad times is the fact that Fall/Winter 2012 fashion is taking us by storm and the trends are to die for this year. Fall/Winter 2012 is all about statement pieces with your staple wardrobe. There are SO many to choose from, but these are the TOP 5!
1. Leather: How To wear it: Make sure it’s REAL. Pair a leather skirt with a light chiffon blouse, or cropped structured blazer. Where: This look can be dressed up or down, pair it with tights and Italian booties, or a sleek pair of pumps for an autumn get together.
2. Abstract/Geometric prints: Who- Anybody that dares to make a statement, I have seen everything from leggings to tops and I believe in this trend less is more. If you are going to wear this trend make sure you commit 100% and wear a complete look. Get the look: Pair a geo-T with your favourite pair of (now staple) coloured skinny, a pair of calf lace up boots and your favourite arm candy. A chain link strapped bag would perfect his look.
3. Burgundy: SEASON FAVOURITE- When I started noticing this colour trend I was ECSTATIC. This colour looks fantastic on literally ANYBODY, and it can be worn in so many different pieces. A maroon sheeth dress with a shade lighter tights and lace up italian booties is beyond chic and sexy this season. Fashion Tip** Coming two 2012 trends into one and wear your XL structured coat in a deep burgundy colour to get you through the cooler days.
Where to find this look: Joe Fresh has a FANTASTIC XL trench coat this season, or check out Blonde for the latest dresses and accessories.
4. Baroque: This is a tough look to pull off; if you can do it without looking like your grandmothers blinds it will be a fall favourite. How: Less is ALWAYS more with baroque, keep the colours neutral and the pattern to a minimum, do NOT wear it on more than one piece of clothing at a time. The safest way to integrate this into your wardrobe would be with a blazer paired with a VERY neutral, even black outfit underneath.
Where to find this look: Check your favourite vintage/thrift stores for a classic baroque jacket. Tweaked and Yummy, Frock or the Salvation army are all fabulous places to search!
5. Boots: There are SO many different boots to choose from and you can almost follow your instinct and your personal style for your boot choice, but a new favourite of the season are textured boots; leather and suede, or fur and patent. They will go with any outfit and can take you from running errands to a vino night at your favourite wine bar. Where to buy this look: Ashfalt shoes is your Kelowna shoe head quarters. You can also check out downtown shoes for your favourite fall finds.
Add any or all of these pieces to your wardrobe and don’t be afraid to experiment. A splash or a statement, however your style speaks, remember to enjoy, experiment, and have fun!